configure: add --with-fontfir (try3) with patch!

Vitaly Lipatov lav at etersoft.ru
Sun Mar 5 16:05:31 CST 2006

On Monday 06 March 2006 00:43, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Vitaly Lipatov <lav at etersoft.ru> writes:
> > On Sunday 05 March 2006 23:22, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> >> Could you please explain what you are trying to do?  I
> >> don't think we want to hardcode more paths, I've just been
> >> getting rid of them.
> >
> > I told about
> > fontdir   = $(datadir)/fonts/wine
> > line in fonts/Makefile.in. It is _hardcoded_ path. I try to
> > get rid of this and get possibility to set path to fontdir
> > with configure options.
>
> It's not less hardcoded if it's in configure... You still
I planned place _default_ path to configure. With --with-fontdir
option we can set it to any other place.
If we have this path hardcoded in fonts/Makefile.in we can't use
it from other places of WINE tree.

> haven't explained what you are trying to do, and why you can't
> put fonts in datadir.
I don't like WINE fonts in %_datadir/fonts/wine, I it crossed
with ALT Linux font policy and so on.
I have a small patch to check the font dir after C:
\\WINDOWS\\FONTS for bitmap/ttf fonts. It patch needs in
@FONTDIR@ substitution in Makefile.
Sorry if I can't express my thoughts in English clearly.

--
Lav
Vitaly Lipatov