WINED3D: Implement GetCreationParameters

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Tue Mar 7 05:51:43 CST 2006

H. Verbeet wrote:
> On 07/03/06, Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmx.at> wrote:
>
>> Native D3D crashes if it's called with a NULL pointer? Are you sure that you
>> shouldn't return something like D3DERR_INVALIDCALL if pParamters == NULL?
>>
> Yes. I verified that with DirectX 9.0c on win2k.

This doesn't really make sense to me - the point of unspecified behavior
if a parameter is NULL would be to speed up the function under contract
with the caller. If you're already doing the check, why not handle it in
some way other than crashing?

Anyway, I'm not familiar with wine development practices, so I wouldn't
know whether this is the right thing to do - just wanted to point it
out. I also see the same thing done in other wined3d patches.