WINED3D: Implement GetCreationParameters

H. Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 06:21:40 CST 2006

On 07/03/06, Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> This doesn't really make sense to me - the point of unspecified behavior
> if a parameter is NULL would be to speed up the function under contract
> with the caller. If you're already doing the check, why not handle it in
> some way other than crashing?
Because we *want* to crash and get a nice backtrace. Since native d3d
crashes when passed a NULL pointer, chances are that if we do get
passed a NULL pParameters here, it is because we passed it to the
application ourselves somewhere earlier. In the case of
GetCreationParameters it's probably not very likely to get passed a
NULL pointer anyway, but that's the general idea.