Can't run DirectX games on x86_64 biarch Linux

Christoph Frick frick at sc-networks.de
Wed Mar 8 04:15:00 CST 2006

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 11:01:06AM +0100, Christian Schneider wrote:

> > > As you can see, the most common errors are err:seh:setup_exception
> > > and err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection. I've also done some more
> > > tests with other games like Revolt, Anno 1503, Half-Life 2, and
> > > the errors all look alike.
> > anno 1503 never ever worked for me (there where some discussion
> > about apps like this that follow a pattern with ddraw and threads,
> > that wine might be able to handle (ever)).
> I know that it's not supposed to work, but don't you think it's
> strange that I only get two types of error messages with any game,
> regardless if it's known to work or not?

like Stefan i would also consider this more like a problem with the
installation? i also run all the games on a opteron box with 64bit
gentoo and manual compiled wine. i had no problems as i switched last
year from the 32bit platform other then the problems i had beforehand.
although anno1503 is the only game you mentioned, that is also on my
list - beside that i know the following games work: black mirror, nibiru
(demo) il2 (stormovik, foreign battles, aces, pacific fighters), jagged
alliance 2, grand prix legends, baldurs gate2, planescape torement - and
i have problems running ankh, raven shield, richard burns rally.

--
cu