DDraw over WineD3D - Indexed colour visuals

Adam Luchjenbroers Adam at luchjenbroers.com
Sat Mar 11 20:00:22 CST 2006

I've been using and tracking Stefan Dossinger's work re: DDraw over WineD3D
and decided try and find out if IWineD3DSurface was far enough along to be
able to be used in place of IWineX11Surface for 2d applications (Hopefully to
eliminate depth conversion issues).

Short answer, no.

Long answer, Screen displays blank, trace log shows that glReadPixels at line
615 in wined3d\surface.c (LockRect) is failing with error
GL_INVALID_OPERATION. Further investigation reveals that this is because
glFormat is GL_COLOR_INDEX, yet the display is an RGB visual (presumably
because an indexed colour visual was not available, and this buffer is
connected directly to the screen).

I figured I'd look to the people already familiar with the WineD3D\DDraw
codebase before I tried to figure out my own solution.

--
"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand
Russell (1872 - 1970)