DDraw over WineD3D - Indexed colour visuals

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Sat Mar 11 15:58:18 CST 2006

Hi,
> Long answer, Screen displays blank, trace log shows that glReadPixels at
> line 615 in wined3d\surface.c (LockRect) is failing with error
> GL_INVALID_OPERATION. Further investigation reveals that this is because
> glFormat is GL_COLOR_INDEX, yet the display is an RGB visual (presumably
> because an indexed colour visual was not available, and this buffer is
> connected directly to the screen).
That is not supported right now. My current priority is to get all previously
supported apps working in the way they where working before. Roderic has
posted a patch for the current ddraw code to address this, this could be used
to extend WineD3D.

At the moment I have problems with LockRect / UnlockRect, described here:
http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20060213.220622.51814d8e.en.html (The
sf.net archives broke the attachmet). This is needed for DDraw, and it's also
a showstopper for many D3D7 games.

So what's basically needed for DDraw over opengl:

* Indexed colours
* Better UnlockRect code
* Handling for all Blit cases in BltOverride
* A opengl accellerated BltFast override