WINEFILE: Eliminate use of windowsx.h

Martin Fuchs martin-fuchs at gmx.net
Sat Mar 18 07:39:36 CST 2006

2006/3/18, Robert Shearman <rob at codeweavers.com>:
> Mike McCormack wrote:
>

> > Martin Fuchs wrote:
> >
> >> "Eliminating" windowsx.h sounds like you consider this header file a
> >> bad thing.
> >> I don't think so - it provides a bunch of very usefull type safe
> >> macro definitions.
> >> (SelectFont, ListBox_SetSel, Button_SetCheck, ...)
> >>
> >> I understand you want to eliminate some useless warnings printed by
> >> newer GCC versions. Wouldn't it be better to correct the wrong warnings
> >> of GCC instead?
> >

> I agree with this comment that we shouldn't remove the uses of these
> macros, but I have to disagree with them being typesafe - they aren't.

Well, I meant kind of "type safe" in this sense: You can use
SelectFont instead of
SelectObject and now you are working with a font handle - not just any type
of GDI handle. Or you can use SelectBitmap instead of the plain
SelectObject API call...
Of course the macros are not type safe in the sense of C++ type safety.

Regards,

    Martin