OLEAUT32: bug 4502 - request for comment before trying to fix

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Mar 19 21:38:42 CST 2006

On 3/19/06, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> Alex wrote:
> >It seems that I will have to wait until I code
> >enough of a test case for a *successful*
> >ITypeInfo::Invoke()

A few more vaguely relevant notes:
http://codeguru.earthweb.com/Cpp/COM-Tech/atl/article.php/c3565/
briefly mentions how ATL uses ITypeInfo::Invoke().
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009899899/CHP18GDC.HTM
is the Open Group's documentation for ActiveX (!) which also
covers this a bit.  And, more usefully,
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.ole/msg/c1417ff7c7b8c3d2
says:
0) Call CoCreateInstance() to get a pointer to the object
1) Create a ITypeLib interface (via the 'LoadTypeLib' API function).
2) Call ITypeLib::GetTypeInfo to obtain ITypeInfo interface.
3) Call ITypeInfo::Invoke  (almost like IDispatch::Invoke)
which is exactly what I was starting to gather by
reading the Automation and Type Libraries chapters of "Essence of COM".
- Dan