IDE with Winemaker

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Thu Mar 23 08:16:28 CST 2006

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:58:13 -0500, Ng, Billy H CIV NAVSEA wrote:
> Hi, I am a Windows Developer who is new to the Linux world.
> Is there any IDE (like Visio Studio) I can use with Winemaker? I am
> trying to port a Windows App to Linux Fedora.

Heya,

On Linux the usage of IDEs is much less common than on Windows, and the
usage of powerful generic text editors like emacs or vim is greater. So
I'm afraid no IDE/winemaker integration is likely to exist (I definitely
never heard of it). Winemaker is only ever run once anyway, just use the
command line.

That said, Eclipse has some C/C++ support these days if you want to use
that. But if I were you I'd learn emacs ;) I did and never regretted it
(used to use delphi).

thanks -mike