ntdll: Fix SIGTRAP handling

Petr Tesarik hat at tesarici.cz
Mon Mar 27 09:31:57 CST 2006

Dne 03/27/06 v 08:13:23 (-0700), Vitaliy Margolen napsal(a):
> >    There is no other way to detect a hardware breakpoint than to look
> >    at DR6.  Additionally, since the bits would get stuck for all
> >    subsequent SIGTRAPs, we need to clear them.
>
> [skip]
>
> Please don't forget here that we are not inventing something new. We can
> not deviate from what native does, or it will brake some applications. If
> you have a test case that shows that windows does what you trying to do -
> I would like to see it. Or you could write your own test to test this on
> windows.

Maybe, you're missing my point.  I'm trying to avoid DR6 altogether.
And I can do it on some platforms.  However, some Unixes seem to be
crippled and I'm trying to provide a reasonable fallback for them.

BTW if we forbid sending SIGTRAP to a Wine process, there will be more
such platforms.  AFAIK SIGTRAP is only sent internally by wineserver
for DebugBreakProcess(). I'll have a look at it.

Petr Tesarik