Winetools -> wine doors

penna at bb.com.br penna at bb.com.br
Mon Mar 27 12:37:45 CST 2006

Hi Karl,

> I would love it if people would get involved, a few good coders can have
> SVN/trac access I'll work on opening up to the public soon.
>
> pygtk/pyxml/wine hackers/shell scripters very welcome.

      Maybe I can help with bash scripting (very good skill) .... I know
nothing about python ... 8( ... but can learn quickly.
      BTW, I would like to point out two suggestions:

1) you (we) should set up a winedoors-devel list. This discussion should
be out of the wine-devel list (we should not mix things up and wine devel
folks are already too busy)
2) the winedoors should return some information to the AppDB in order to
keep that information for the wine devel folks get some feedback what is
going on with, for example, DLL overrides. For example, if the AppDB keeps
track of the most overriden DLLs (information "feeded" by winedoors - or
winetools 8)) I think wine developers could query the database in order to
see which DLL needs some improvement because its is the most one
overriden.

      One more thing, I like Winetools. It helped me a lot. Does it need
improvement? Yes, it needs, but it is not the reason we may "burn" it.

Regards (I am not subscribed at wine-devel list, so please cc me)