Alexandre Julliard : x11drv: Moved desktop mode handling to the explorer process.

Willie Sippel willie at zeitgeistmedia.net
Wed Mar 29 03:19:51 CST 2006

Am Dienstag, 28. März 2006 11:31 schrieb Alexandre Julliard:
> Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at kievinfo.com> writes:
> > Ok so now say with Steam and all of it's games - it will be almost 100%
> > unusable! Because we still haven't fixes managed/unmamaged windows. And
> > Steam itself would be on top of everything. So the way people were able
> > to work-around this is by putting Steam into virtual desktop. Now that
> > means their game will run in the same desktop as well.
>
> We could add some sort of per-app setting again, though it wouldn't
> work quite the same, apps in different desktops are a lot more
> isolated now. But if the only use for it is to work around managed
> mode bugs then it's probably not worth it, better to spend time fixing
> the real problem.

You announced working on the unmanaged window problem in September 2001 IIRC,
but I guess you didn't so far? Wouldn't, for the time being, a Cedega-like
approach be feasible? They seem to ignore 'chromeless' windows and handle
them just like regular windows (with window decoration and all, for Steam for
example) - this is obviously not correct, but it would at least work 'till
someone comes up with a real fix...?

--
Willie Sippel

  ////////  |  Tritium Studios