Why winetools is utterly useless, once and for all.

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Wed Mar 29 10:09:21 CST 2006

Am Di, Mär 28, 2006 at 03:21:01 -0500 schrieb Segin:
> How? The biggest thing that makes WineTools work is it's ability to set
> DLLOverrides via a config file that Wine no longer acknoleges, therfore

As this myth is floating around on this list since a long time I have
to repeat:

WineTools is not using a deprecated config file. It uses the regular
registry way since a long time.

> that is gone, and only a few things will work via WineTools, if at all.

So this is also not true.

> You can't install IE with WineTools (You can with IEs4Linux, and if you
> are good enough, you can merge the ies4linux wine setup into the main

If you use IEs4Linux you are actually using the overrides setup of
WineTools as they took it from us. This also means that you have the
most critisized *=native override included. We are working on this so
you will probably have this on IEs4Linux soon after we fixed that.

Regards
	Joachim von Thadden
          Never run a touchy system!!!"