OT: General behaviour of the community (from 'Why winetools is utterly useless, once and for all')

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Wed Mar 29 18:57:00 CST 2006

Hiji wrote:

> I know I was the first to respond to Sergin's email by asking that he be more constructive in his feedback, but past that, none of the regulars on this thread said much.  Now, his thread has spawned into something that is soooo far out there that it almost has no relevancy to this list.  I want to note that I don't see how Sergin's comments and behavior could have been interpreted as anything but inappropriate; however, with the majority of people not saying anything, I can only imagine that Sergin felt that what he did was perfectly okay and acceptable on this list.

It's more about not feeding the trolls that agreeing with him.

In my mind, Jon is a much more respectable member of the Wine community
than "segin".  It would be disappointing to see a real contributor
scared off by a troll.

Personally, I think Winetools has it's place, but it would be more
helpful to the Wine community if it was a bit better supported, and used
builtin dlls in preference to natives ones whenever possible.

Mike