OT: General behaviour of the community (from 'Why winetools is utterly useless, once and for all')

Hiji hijinio at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 29 21:44:34 CST 2006

Chris Morgan wrote:
> Perhaps you didn't actually read the emails that were sent.  This might
> explain the discrepancy between your comment about "thinking its important
> for the community to speak up when somebody is out of line" and this email
> from Tom, the one I was replying to:

I read all the emails, and I know exactly what I am referring to; so, there is no discrepancy. ;)  I had in mind Segin's initial email (which was sent to the entire list):
--- Segin <segin2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is one reason, inarguable (if you reply to
> this you have a IQ of
> 0) as to why WineTools is useless: Most of the
> WineTools 'magic' is in
> it's ~/.wine/config file, which Wine no longer
> uses/acknoleges, thefore,
> WineTools is utterly useless and has no point in
> existing AT ALL, PERIOD.

To which I responded:
> Dude, you need a bit more constructive in your
> comments, or you'll be getting a lot of resentment on
> this list REAL fast.

Per your comment "What he said on the list seemed pretty reasonable to me.", if you don't see anything wrong with what Segin said, then so be it.  Others, meanwhile, have recognized his misplaced behavior.

Cheers,
 Hiji