shdocvw 2: Added [get|put]_Visible implementation.

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Mon May 1 15:01:33 CDT 2006

Dimi Paun wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-04-30 at 23:40 +0200, Jacek Caban wrote:
>
>> I'll send a patch with comments. I'd prefer to add tests as well, but
>> it has to wait for the switch to MSHTML based WebBrowser
>> implementation (BTW that seems to be really near).
>>

> Does this means that soon our MSHTML will be strictly better
> than Mozilla's ActiveX control?

Well, IMO it is better now, but it depends on criterion. Mozilla ActiveX
control has more functionality implemented, but their compatibility with
native WebBrowser is quite bad. They seem to believe MSDN... Everything
I wrote was tested and compared to windows version so our compatibility
should be quite good. Also we have the correct architecture while
Mozilla doesn't. For someone not interested in insides of those
libraries probably the more important thing is what and how works. After
the switch to our implementation bugs 3466 and 3515 will be fixed. In
both cases there are still some problems, but apps can run and view HTML.

If someone wants to test it, I've created a Wiki page about it:
http://wiki.winehq.org/ShDocVw.

Because AFAIK there is much interest in Steam, I plan to do the switch
as follows:
- Make Steam work perfectly (I mean its HTML part)
- Do some testing and improvements to prevent regressions
- Finally get rid of Mozilla ActiveX control dependency

But it will have to wait until I pass my exams...

Jacek