Anyone actively working on ITypeInfo_fnInvoke and VariantChangeType?

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Tue May 2 13:44:53 CDT 2006

Bill Medland wrote:

>before I start trying to get up to speed on it.
>
>Congratulations.  My company's program now gets somewhere with
>the builtin ole dlls (thanks to fixes in the out-of-process COM)
>so I am interested in trying to get it to work completely with
>them (especially since the native ones no longer work)
>
>What I have just fallen over is some VB that calls a method that
>results in
>ITypeInfo_fnInvoke failed to convert param 0 to VT_VARIANT|
>VT_BYREF from VT_I2.
>
>So I changed the VB and ended up with
>ITypeInfo_fnInvoke failed to convert param 0 to VT_VARIANT|
>VT_BYREF from VT_VARIANT|VT_BYREF.
>
>Now it seems to me that it ought at least to handle the second
>case, but that probably demonstrates that I don't know what I am
>talking about.
>
>Anyway; if someone is already working on that sort of thing then
>there is probably little point in me trying to learn it all.
>However if no-one is then I guess I will start trying to learn
>it.
>
>Comments?

I had hoped others would continue development on typelib stuff, picking
up from where I left off after the rewrite to use more of
VariantChangeType, but unfortunately this isn't the case and I don't
have enough time to work on this area too much. Fortunately, I don't
think there are too many issues left to fix and already the new code in
ITypeInfo::Invoke gets some programs working that wouldn't work with the
old code.

Does this patch fix both issues for you?

--
Rob Shearman