Status of out-of-process custom marshaling

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Thu May 4 06:14:00 CDT 2006

Bill Medland wrote:

>So, my next problem
>
>What's the status of custom marshaling, especially
>out-of-process?  Is it supposed to be quite well developed (in
>which case I am trying to find out why our case is different) or
>is it still only just started?

Yes, custom marshaling should work. Out-of-process COM should also work,
as there are a number of programs that rely on it, including
InstallShield and embedding in Word. It is also quite well developed and
very simple.

If you have a specific question or debug logs I might be able to help
you more.

--
Rob Shearman