[WINED3D] Flip red/blue for R8G8B8 format.

H. Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Sun May 7 04:06:01 CDT 2006

On 06/05/06, Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> [ applies on top of Mike's tree, but hopefully on the main tree too ]
>
> R8G8B8 means red is the most significant bit.
> On a little-endian system, the texture is stored starting with blue.
> It is read byte-by-byte (GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE), therefore it needs to be
> flipped to GL_BGR.
>
> This makes Demo #2 (texture mapping:
> http://www.zanir.szm.sk/dx00-09.html) show the correct colors.
> Also, in HL2, it makes Barney's face human color (previously it was blue).
> I think Stefan Dosinger saw improvement on some other demos.
There might be more to this. This was changed the other way around not
too long ago. See
http://source.winehq.org/git/?p=wine.git;a=commit;h=252c4adb965a26db19c1c9161c40a82b488cb6d4

It might just be that the glDrawPixels call should've been changed
instead last time.  (Shouldn't those simply use the format in
This->glDescription.glFormat in the first place?)