A great way for non programmers to help with Wine - Audio

Tom Spear speeddymon at gmail.com
Mon May 8 10:02:57 CDT 2006

On 5/7/06, Jeremy White <jwhite at codeweavers.com> wrote:

>   Only anomaly is that the modem driver is treated as an OSS
>     sound card, and so has a number of flawed attempts to play
>     against it

I believe that this is due to the fact that modems ever since the mid 90's
have the ability to output the sound of the modem's onboard speaker to your
surround system, via the lineout jack on the card itself..  You should
probably just tell OSS to disable the modem as a sound card (not quite sure
how, as I don't even have a modem anymore).