latest cvs, d3d regression

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Tue May 9 15:32:20 CDT 2006

Hi,
> The wine's latest cvs i get this error on every direct3d games.
> The error output refers always to IWineD3DSwapChainImpl_GetFrontBufferData
> function.
Are you sure that wined3d is compiled correctly? 2 of my patches have modified
the VTables of the WineD3D Device and Surface. Because of that dlls/wined3d,
dlls/d3d8 and dlls/d3d9 have to be recompiled completely. For some reason
that doesn't always work automatically. Can you do a make clean in those
directories, recompile them and try again? If that fails, please try a make
distclean in the top level directory and recompile wine.

IWineD3DStateBlockImpl_InitStartupStateBlock is not supposed to call
IWineD3DDeviceImpl_GetFrontBufferData at all. Looks like a problem of mixed
old and new binary code.

Thanks,
Stefan

PS: I hope those were the last vtable changes needed for the ddraw merge