widl: Added an option to set importlib search path.

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Wed May 17 04:13:15 CDT 2006

Jacek Caban <jacek at codeweavers.com> writes:

> We can't really do it the way midl does. midl can import files from
> system directories and from resource of dlls. In UNIX we don't have such
> dirs. We can add support for tlb libs in PE files, but I don't think we
> want to do it for Wine's builtin dlls. I thought that we could add an
> other, more UNIX like, option that will be a nice workaround. Of course
> -I also does the trick although IMO it's better to have -L option. I'll
> send a patch that uses include search patch so you can decide which one
> to use.

Thanks; my idea is that since we don't want to make widl load a tlb
from a builtin dll, we'll need to ship the raw tlb, and it would make
sense to ship it in the include dir since the lib dir already contains
the builtin dll. And when building Wine itself, we'll need the raw tlb
in order to build the includes, since we can't build the builtins
before the includes, so in both cases we'll want to load the tlb from
the include dir. Does that make sense?

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org