Problems compiling older wine-versions

Neil Skrypuch ns03ja at brocku.ca
Mon May 22 04:19:36 CDT 2006

On Monday, May 22, 2006 04:27, Louis. Lenders wrote:
> Hi, i just upgraded to fedora core 5 (from fedora 3)
> In my old system i had about 20 wine-versions (back to april 2004)
> installed which was great for tracking down regressions. Trying to compile
> older wineversions now on my new installation fails with various errors
> (like wine-20050419 fails with error: ‘union <anonymous>’ has no member
> named ‘a_ptr)’
> Even wine-0.9 (first beta release) won't compile anymore.
>
>  I guess that's due to newer gcc/glibc versions. Is there a (easy) way to
> get older wine-versions compiling  again?

There was an issue with flex a few months ago, where Wine wouldn't compile
with the newer version of flex. Wine was modified so that it would compile
again, but older versions wouldn't compile anymore with the newer version of
flex. Try using flex-2.5.4a to compile the older versions of Wine.

(At least I'm pretty sure it was flex, it might have been bison though, try
bison-1.875d if you have no luck with older flex.)

- Neil