License question

Brian Vincent brian.vincent at gmail.com
Mon May 22 16:12:34 CDT 2006

On 5/22/06, Yuriy <yuriy.kozlov at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I might be making a configuration module for wine for KDE System Settings
> based on winecfg as a SoC project for Kubuntu, but I just realized that wine
> is LGPL and my project would have to be GPL, so I need to know how to
> reconcile that.  Any input ASAP would be greatly appreciated.

All the configuration options you want to change are located in Wine's
registry with the exception of drive management which is done directly
within the filesystem.

Two options - edit Wine's .reg files directly (not recommended) or
create a Winelib-style app to access Wine's API's for modifying the
registry.  Either way, I don't see a problem with the app being GPL.

-Brian