Picasa for Linux available!

Nick Law nick.law at mic-nucmed.co.uk
Fri May 26 17:04:31 CDT 2006

Dan Kegel wrote:

> On 5/26/06, Nick Law <nick.law at mic-nucmed.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I guess  I could create a symbolic link from the fonts directory in wine
>> but where is the linux version of Picasa expecting to find these fonts
>

> Probably  ~/.picasa/drive_c/windows/fonts, or something like that.
> The directory might not exist by default.

the font directory already exists in
/home/guest/picasa/wine/drive_c/windows/fonts and has a few fonts in it,
so I mv it and created a symbolic link to the wine fonts folder where
all my fonts are.

cd /home/[loginname]/picasa/wine/drive_c/windows
mv fonts fonts.orig
ln -s /home/[loginname]/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts
/home/[loginname]/picasa/wine/drive_c/windows/fonts

Nick