--without-opengl problems

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Mon May 29 09:23:21 CDT 2006

If I compile Wine by starting with "./configure", it builds
dlls/wined3d/wined3d.dll.so file.  Then If I run some Ogre (d3d) game, I
get all video setup stuff OK.

If I connect to my tightvnc server after and run the game here, I get Xlib
errors in the output (about missing GLX on :1.0 or a like).

Then I decide to disable OpenGL support in Wine and start with
"./configure --without-opengl".  After this the wined3d.dll.so is left on
the disk.

And if later I run the game again via vnc server, I get weird errors and
see Wine crashing in wined3d.dll (and sometimes wineprefixcreate crashes
inside shlwapi.dll or opengl.dll).

Isn't this behaviour strange a bit?  Shouldn't configure delete
dlls/wined3d/wined3d.dll.so or unlink dlls/wined3d.dll.so or at least
define code don't try loading wined3d.dll when "--without-opengl" option
is given to it?

IOW, "make clean" shouldn't be necessary here, right?
Well, I just may be missing some information...
TIA