building win32/wine .exe's

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon May 29 23:09:39 CDT 2006

Nik wrote:
> [I build my Windows apps on Win2k.  How can I do it on Linux?
>  winegcc doesn't seem the right way.]

Depends.  If your apps use C++, and you need to be able to
access non-COM C++ DLLs compiled by other folks, I bet
the best way to go is just run the same development tools
you used on Win2k under Wine.
You might be able to just run the Visual C++ setup under Wine
and get the IDE running.  Or if the commandline is enough for you,
see http://kegel.com/wine/cl-howto.html for how I used to set that up.

Or, if you can get away with using Mingw instead of Microsoft's compiler,
see http://www.winehq.com/site/docs/winedev-guide/cross-compiling-tests
for info about how to set up a mingw cross-compiler.
- Dan