building win32/wine .exe's

NikNot niknot at gmail.com
Tue May 30 11:12:09 CDT 2006

On 5/30/06, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> Nik wrote:
> > [I build my Windows apps on Win2k.  How can I do it on Linux?
> >  winegcc doesn't seem the right way.]

> Or, if you can get away with using Mingw instead of Microsoft's compiler,
> see http://www.winehq.com/site/docs/winedev-guide/cross-compiling-tests
> for info about how to set up a mingw cross-compiler.

Thank you Dan for your kind help. Indeed, as my "clover" example
implies, our C programs are probably as straightforward as Win32
software gets, and we actually use both MS C and MinGW when we build
them under Win2K/XP. One more question, if I may: where would I find
an example of a makefile or shell script that uses  MingW32 on Linux,
once installed as your reference above suggests?

Nik N.