[Darwine] Set up wine-macosx? (Re: How are we doing?)

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed May 31 04:24:35 CDT 2006

On Tue, 30 May 2006, Jim White wrote:
[...]
> So why are you not supporting setting up a wine-macos(x) list @ WineHQ?

I think the goal is to bring the Wine on Intel Macs development efforts
into the mainline.

That means committing the Audio driver into the main tree (done), doing
the same for the Quartz driver as soon as possible, and extends to the
communication channels. Wine developpers normally subscribe to
wine-devel so that's where Wine on Intel Macs discussions should take
place. Otherwise, whether they take place on darwine-devel or
wine-macosx at winehq won't make a difference (except we could end up with
development discussions being fragmented into three mailing lists
instead of only two).

Now there could be an argument for creating a separate wine-macosx list
if traffic on it or wine-devel was unbearably high but I don't think
we're there yet, so it's better to keep everything in one place.

                   Hiroshima '45 - Czernobyl '86 - Windows '95