Executing wine over make segfaults.

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Sat Nov 4 22:47:46 CST 2006

> The system is gentoo linux (2.6.18-gentoo-r1)

	I recently tried 2.6.18.1 kernel and wine stoped working. Then I downgraded
to 2.6.16.18 and wine working fine now.
	After doing some important work, I will recompile 2.6.18.1 again with
same .config and will see what happens. But because difference of .config
between my 2.6.16.18 and 2.6.18.1 wasn't very big I think this is Wine
problem (probably not Linux problem because everything works perfectly with
new kernel). But I must try exactly same .config to be sure (only some
deprecated options will be automatically excluded by "make menuconfig").

> I could try installing an older version of gcc or an older kernel and see if
that helps.

	If downloading 39M isn't big problem for you then please try kernel
2.6.16.18. You can download it here:
	http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.16.18.tar.bz2