Executing wine over make segfaults.

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Mon Nov 6 00:29:20 CST 2006

> ...with same configuration under 2.6.18.1 kernel Wine doesn't work.
> 	I have errors like these ones when I try to launch something with Wine:
>
> fixme:seh:check_no_exec No-exec fault triggered at 0x401000, enabling
> work-around fixme:seh:check_no_exec No-exec fault triggered at 0x4c8ad4,
> enabling work-around err:seh:setup_exception stack overflow 40 bytes in
> thread 0009 eip f7c9e9ff esp 00230fd8 stack 0x231000-0x340000

	This seems to be Wine-related problem (but not neccessary Wine bug) because
everything else works fine with 2.6.18.1 kernel; I'm not alone who have
strange problems with Wine under 2.6.18 kernel. Any ideas why this happening?
Or at least give me some clue how I can debug this. Only thing I can say this
is definitely not kernel configuration problem, and isn't "simple bug" in
Wine because under 2.6.16.18 it works perfectly.
	What I want is at least find true source of this problem so I can file proper
bug report and maybe try to fix this myself.