Executing wine over make segfaults.

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Mon Nov 6 09:40:48 CST 2006

> this is what i did - and also suggest quite some time ago him(?)/list. i
> had the same problem since .16 kernels (unstable(~) gentoo-source
> ebuild).  since that change everything works fine (.18 now).

Hi!
  Yes, you did, and you did correctly. I just rebooted the x86_64 machine
with noexec=off. The app runs with no problems.
  Does it mean that something changed in noexec between .17 and .18 ? Why
wine worked well with noexec and 2.6.17 ?
  But it's really wrong: I don't want to compromise my security because of
running wine. Is there a chance to fix this in wine, for example by ordering
executability for every memory allocation ?
                                        With regards, Pavel Troller