Big regressions in latest CVS version

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Tue Nov 7 21:55:17 CST 2006

Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

> Well, I'd say that reporting the bugs on wine-devel shouldn't hurt,
> besides presumably developers' audience here is much wider, and somebody
> who have introduced a regression might not review bugs.winehq.org at all.

The point of reporting bugs in bugzilla is that we can filter and track
them better.

Some "regressions" are caused by misconfiguration, other software or
faulty packaging.  When regressions are reported to wine-bugs, we ask
the reporter to do a regression analysis, and determine the patch that
caused the regression, or if something else is the problem.

After that is done, people monitoring wine-bugs cc: the author of the
patch that caused the regression to bring it to their attention.  This
is more efficient than every patch author having to track wine-devel or
wine-bugs for regressions.

If people are encouraged to report bugs here, there will be alot more
noise to filter through for everybody, so please report to wine-bugs
first.  If you want to hear about regressions as early as possible,
subscribe to wine-bugs at winehq.org.

Mike