Wine 0.9.25 full of regressions!

Phil Costin philcostin at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 12 13:44:17 CST 2006

Mirek wrote:

> Hi, i just instaled wine 0.9.25 (i had 0.9.24) and it is full of
> regressions, why is this possible, why is not there someone who can test
> wine before it came out to new release?
>
> 1. 3DMark 2003 - cant open setigns menu
> 2. 3DMark 2003 - with GLSL, almost all working test are broken (bad
> graphic) 3. 3DMark 2003 - with ARB is about 25% slower
> 4. HL2 Episode One - Some characters are black
> 5. NFS: MW - with ARB it is slower
> 6. W3 - cannot run, because of Opengl init
> 7. W3 FT - same as W3
> 8. nVidiaSDK - opengl demos in nVidia are not working anymore
> 9. nVidiaSDK - some Direct3D demos are broken more than in release 0.9.24
> 9. Prey - not working
>

> This is pretty big list, almost half of my apps are not working, or
> working worst than before, it is sad.
>
> Mirek Slugen

Hi Mirek,

The best thing to do to help solve this is to fetch the current git version
of wine using the instructions at http://www.winehq.org/site/git

Then, use the tool git-bisect to mark 0.9.24 as the last know good build and
0.9.25 as the broken build. It will bisect the patches and enable you to
very quickly find the patch that caused the problem.

This page explains how to use it:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-bisect.html

Thanks!

Phil