winex11.drv keyboard driver rewrite

Oleh R. Nykyforchyn nick at pu.if.ua
Mon Nov 13 14:37:57 CST 2006

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 13:07:57 -0500
Kuba Ober <kuba at mareimbrium.org> wrote:

> I don't think that there's any way to go about those things but to use
> UTF8-encoded locale. Since UTF8 is just the encoding, the actual locale
> (language and locality) can be set separately. You could have by_BY.UTF-8, or
> even ru_BY.UTF-8.

I agree that UTF8 solves many problems, but until NOT ALL widely used programs support it,
this solution is not complete. My code for foreign locales is just a temporary hack, but it don't hurt
anybody and helps those who (like me) are still using programs that feel better under a 8-bit
encoding. Nevertheless, this change is only a minor detail in my patch.

Oleh