winex11.drv keyboard driver rewrite

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Tue Nov 14 03:50:29 CST 2006

>I have a snapshot (although don't attach it here because of its large size)
>that shows a text typed in Word (MS Office 2000) sequentially in German,
>French, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian and Russian (locale is KOI8-U and
>supports only English, Russian and Ukrainian letters).

	I can say even more. Even if user have broken locale or/and broken input he
can write non-English letters anyway. I think this is big improvement because
there many users (at least in Russia) who have such troubles with Wine. For
example user can have correct locale settings (LANG, LANGUAGE and LC_* all
equals to ru_RU for example) and perfectly working locale-enabled programs
like cal, nano or date but Wine sometimes cannot work correctly: it display
Russian letters perfectly, notepad and others has Russian GUI but input of
Russian letters doesn't work because of famous
"err:keyboard:X11DRV_ToUnicodeEx Please report: no char for keysym" error
(sometimes this is becaue user forgot to launch locale-gen but sometimes this
is because of broken libc - in such case there is no simple solution, only
recompiling). With this patch Wine works out-of-the-box anyway - that also
means better integration with X. I found other small improvements as well
(within source code).
	...And of course + all major improvements listed by Oleh himself.

	My opinion: this patch gives better integration with X+XKB environment and
probably can be useful for many users. So I think it worth trying...