Over 500 maintainers in the applcation database

Tony Lambregts tony.lambregts at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 16:27:54 CST 2006

_I_ think this is news worthy.

We now have over 500 individuals who have signed up to be maintainer
of an applications. these maintainers are spread out over 794 entries
in the AppDB.

Since there are some applications with multiple maintainers and some
maintainers maintain multiple apps and the fact that super maintainers
are responsible for multiple versions I cannot give a accurate count
on maintained applications ;^)

There has not been a lot of hacking on the AppDB for a while. At least
part of the reason for this is that there is a lot of work to be done
just administrating it. even with all the maintainers and
administrators it seems we are always a couple of days behind checking
new application submissions and test results.

Current active Administrators are :

Chris Morgan (In charge of cvs commits)
Tony Lambregts (me)
Louis Lenders
Alexander Nicolaysen Sørnes
Killertux
Molle Bestefich
Jan Zerebecki
Nick Law

We can always use more help and even though I am kind of proud of the
current status of the AppDB I have to be one of the first to admit it
needs some more polish. If you know php and would like to help out you
can download the source http://www.winehq.org/site/cvs

There are lots of features that would enhance the AppDB please have a
look at the wiki and feel free to add other stuff that you think would
be good to have. http://wiki.winehq.org/AppdbInfo

You can also help out by becoming an application maintainer as well or
if you are a sucker for punishment then perhaps you might consider
becoming a Administrator for the AppDB.

--

Tony Lambregts