shlwapi: Cast-qual warnings fix (2 of 4)

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Thu Nov 16 12:22:02 CST 2006

On Thu, November 16, 2006 12:42 pm, Andrew Talbot wrote:
> As I understand it, declaring them static means that the storage will be
> assigned and initialised at compile time, rather than run time, since the
> size and contents are already known.

Correct. However, if they aren't constant, it means that they may
get modified, which is an obvious problem. Making them non-static
would indeed initialize them at runtime (small cost), but they would
be guaranteed to have the value that we expect always.

I haven't looked at the code, maybe you can prove they are indeed
constant, but that's ugly. I'd take the trivial runtime hit, for
the sake of cleanliness.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.