OpenAL and DirectSound

Nick Burns adger44 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 20 02:29:42 CST 2006

I would really like to get my openal driver into wine...
But we should also have an openal32.dll

For example -- on my Mac Book Pro running Mac OSX 10.4.8 and tot wine
If a windows application uses openal it will go from openal(windows) ->
dsound HEL(wine) -> openal(osx)
This means the audio data has soo much fun traveling from api to api --
kinda like a code rollercoaster...

Anyhow -- I will resubmit my openal patch -- maybe if I get some time I will
try to make a thunk (or I could help ... or work more)...

Also I would like help with my openal patch (get hw accel working for dsound
and dsound3d)

- Nick