Question about unloadVertexData

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Wed Nov 22 08:30:51 CST 2006

Hi Henri,
I think you wrote unloadVertexData and unloadNumberedArrays. If I remember
correctly those were needed to deactivate stream sources so they do not make
issues in future draws where they shouldn't be active(3dmark2003 vbo
performance regression).

I noticed that loadVertexData already disables stream sources that aren't
available in the current draws, while loadNumberedArrays doesn't. Do we need
unloadVertexData at all? Or are non-drawing operations or drawStridedSlow
affected by arrays?

Background is that I'm atm working on using dirtification to manage stream
sources. So far the state management is progressing nicely, what is missing
atm are Shaders, re-enabling register combiners and fixing regressions which
slipped in(hl2 and bf1942). Then optimizations :-)

Stefan