Problem with optary.h

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Nov 23 05:26:24 CST 2006

I have done a test compilation of the Wine conformance tests on Windows
and found that dlls/mshtml/tests/misc.c fails to compile because it
depends on the optary.h header.

The problem is that this header is not part of the Platform SDK or of
the DirectX SDK. Apparently it is only part of the IE6 SDK, which seems
to be deprecated now. At least that's the impression I got from:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/samples/internet/libraries/ie6_lib/default.asp

This raises the following questions:
 * Should optary.h really be in Wine's global include directory?
 * How should one go about compiling misc.c with the Windows headers?
   Should we add the IE SDK as a requirement for compiling the Wine
conformance tests?
 * Is optary.h still present in the IE 7 SDK (or equivalent)?

                     Linux: the choice of a GNU generation