Suggestions on your FAQ

M.D. van Es mdvanes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 05:44:49 CST 2006

Hello,

Searching your website http://www.winehq.org for information on
release 1.0of Wine, I read your FAQ and found some items that appear
to be out of date.
Hopefully, you'll find the following remarks helpful.

1.
- following the link:
http://www.winehq.com/site/docs/wine-faq/index#ARE-HERE-ANY-ALTERNATIVES-TO-WINE
- that is paragraph 2.3
- here is nothed that both VMWare and Win4Lin cost money. To my knowledge,
some months ago, VMWare has released some free software, first the Viewer
and later on the VMWare Server, although it remains closed source and in my
opinion cannot be compared to Wine in that it does emulate.

2.
- following the link:
http://www.winehq.com/site/docs/wine-faq/index#WHEN-WILL-WINE-BE-FINISHED
- that is paragraph 2.12
- The current release being referred to in the last line is Wine 0.9 to be
released around September 30th 2005. I'm sure this is not valid. In fact, I
read you were working on release 1.0 for the end of 2006.
http://tweakers.net/nieuws/44607/Plannen-voor-Wine-1.0-gepresenteerd.html(Dutch).

Succes with your work, I'm enjoying it every day.

Regards,

Martin van Es