[6/6] Add a partial COFF library support to the winedump

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at codeweavers.com
Sun Nov 26 04:16:05 CST 2006

"Eric Pouech" <eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> I think it's a bad idea to "force" the kind of file on the command line
> for dumping
> I'd rather see winedump guess the file format based on the file header,
> as we do for .exe, .dll, .mdmp, .pdb, .dbg...

I thought about that, but that's definitely could be done as a separate
work.

> we didn't do it for emf and lnk because it seems they don't have a
> simple header to find it out, but .lib files definitively have

Both emf and lnk kind of files do have a distinct headers: emf files
have ENHMETAHEADER in EMR_HEADER record with all kinds of recognizeable
information including a signature, and lnk files have LINK_HEADER with
recognizeable dwSize and MagicGuid fields.

> you should also provide support for the -C option (symbol demangling)

I haven't needed it at this point and most PSDK import libs don't need it,
but for C++ import libraries it would be nice to have.

> BTW, I have a couple of patches for debug files dumping (.pdb, .dbg...),
> that should help the dumping of debug information from a coff file (when
> needed)

Great! And many thanks for the review!

--
Dmitry.