user32: Factorize graphics driver's WindowCreate and ShowWindow in user32.

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Thu Nov 30 12:40:20 CST 2006

On 30 nov. 06, at 05:34, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

> "Pierre d'Herbemont" <pdherbemont at free.fr> wrote:
>
>> At the same time ShowWindow gets factorized because WindowCreate
>> and ShowWindow share both the use of WINPOS_MinMaximize, so it is
>> easier to factorize both functions in a single patch. In fact
>> ShowWindow is removed entirely from the drivers as it is driver
>> independant.
>> To properly factorize WindowCreate we have to export 3 new
>> functions from the graphics driver which are SetIconicState,
>> SyncWindowStyle, SystrayDockWindow.
>
> I'd suggest to leave ShowWindow in the driver's interface. You already
> have created 3 new entry points to replace its partial functionality,
> but still miss ShowWindow functionality for at least SW_RESTORE and
> SW_MAXIMIZE.

My patch is wrong, but I am not sure we should leave ShowWindow in
the driver: It contains only Win32 calls (appart from
WINPOS_MinMaximize), and is indeed a wrapper for SetWindowPos. And
the exports are needed for CreateWindow, not ShowWindow.

What makes me move ShowWindow in user is the call to
WINPOS_MinMaximize which is shared with CreateWindow, and this one
needs the SetIconicState.

> Also did you run 'make test' after this patch?

I am sorry I missed that point which shows that my patch is wrong,
thanks for pointing this to me. I'll try to fix that.

Pierre.