Concerning the separate OpenAL32.dll thunk patch and OpenAL winmm driver patch

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Nov 30 12:58:36 CST 2006

Detlef Riekenberg <wine.dev at web.de> writes:

> I don't know, if wineaudio.drv this is still the way to go, but we have
> sound crackeling and Buffer-underun Bugs, and adding another copy of
> the "not very well working" code might be a "no go" for Alexandre.

Exactly, we already have 8 sound drivers, and not a single one
actually works properly, so I'm pretty reluctant to add yet another
copy of the same broken code.

The openal dll can certainly go in, but you'll need to clean up the
code first, right now it looks like a pretty bad case of macro abuse.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org