Concerning the separate OpenAL32.dll thunk patch and OpenALwinmm driver patch

Nick Burns adger44 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 30 17:54:36 CST 2006

Ok this is some good feedback... (usually i dont get such a massive response
from emails...)
-- I was under the impression that RFC was the second to last line of
defense (so it appears to be the third)

I do not use IRC (unless you count the irc client in Tribes)

I can demacroize the patch -- it was written that way to make it small and
easy to add to (since 99% of the functions are pure passthru -- one extra
line to the macro adds it and all that it needs)
Personally I think its cleaner -- but it has the problem of being a macro

"There not much worse than a macro -- except dare I mention templates (the
crowd runs for cover)"

Again -- for the sound drivers -- Mac OSX has ONE sound driver ONE
I would like to have a choice.

Yes my wineopenal patch is not perfect (based on broken code does not help)
-- I know that -- but thats why i want to get it into wine -- so other
people who know more about audio can add to it and make it better

If the audio drivers are going to collapse -- I could wait until then and
'try' add my winmm patch in that realm.

- Nick