opengl32: Correctly size and position opengl child windows

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Fri Oct 6 12:46:06 CDT 2006

> Am Freitag, 6. Oktober 2006 15:26 schrieb Ulrich Czekalla:
> >  From our discussions at wineconf we concluded that overriding the
> various
> > functions such as glViewport and glScissor will get us there for most
> > applications.
> >
> > The only thing this will not do is handle the case where a child window
> > overlaps a opengl child window. In this case the best solution is to use
> > glX extension that would allow us to provide a clip region to clip the
> > overlapping child windows. The big question is this really necessary.
> How
> > many applications make use of this? I don't know the answer.
> >
> If I understand your question correctly, I'm sad to say that most
> applications
> using OpenGL viewports have overlapping child windows - especially pro
> applications/ content creation applications. You might want to try
> DAZ|Studio
> for reference, as it's freeware and shows what I mean. It's available at
> studio.daz3d.com.

Right now nothing works well, so about everything is a step in the good direction. There's also another new way which might be a good option aswell next to the scissor one and that is to use the new GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap extension. Using it wine windows can be uploaded 'for free' to opengl. We can then do our opengl rendering on top of this texture. It is just a wild idea but perhaps it is usefull.

Roderick