d3d9 make test failure

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Sun Oct 8 07:08:54 CDT 2006

Am Samstag 07 Oktober 2006 04:44 schrieb Mike McCormack:
> Since we're trying to get "make test" working nicely on everybody's
> machine, here's the failure of the day for me.
>
> This is on Debian/unstable for AMD64, with libGL and libGLU provided by
> ia32-libs 1.15.
>
> Mike
>

> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/mike/wine/dlls/d3d9/tests'
> ../../../tools/runtest -q -P wine -M d3d9.dll -T ../../.. -p
> d3d9_test.exe.so surface.c && touch surface.ok
> fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_GetAvailableTextureMem (0x15a508) : stub,
> simulating 64MB for now, returning 64MB left
> err:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_SetRenderState Multisample antialiasing not
> supported by gl
> surface.c:131: Test succeeded inside todo block: Got pitch 12, expected 12
This is my pitch test, and it succeeds or fails depending on the existance of
a gl extension.

If your video card supports non power of 2 textures then the texture has the
right width(5) and thus the right pitch. Without the extension we create a
bigger texture(width 8, the next power of 2 value), and the pitch is 16. So
the test fails or succeeds depending on the features of the 3d card.

My plan is to switch to the non power of 2 repacking code by default, by doing
that we can show the right values to the applications without native np2
support in opengl. But it needs some cleanup first, for me np2 repacking is
broken, and Henri Verbeet dislikes the plan.

Stefan