wineconsole[4/6]: allow making selections with a mouse also when not in the QuickEdit mode

Mikołaj Zalewski mikolaj at zalewski.pl
Wed Oct 18 14:50:04 CDT 2006

>>     case WM_LBUTTONUP:
>> -        if (data->curcfg.quick_edit)
>> +        if (data->curcfg.quick_edit || PRIVATE(data)->has_selection)
>>         {
>>             if (GetCapture() == PRIVATE(data)->hWnd &&
>> PRIVATE(data)->has_selection &&
>>                 (wParam& MK_LBUTTON))
>>             {
>>                 WCUSER_MoveSelection(data, PRIVATE(data)->selectPt1,
>> WCUSER_GetCell(data, lParam));
>>                 ReleaseCapture();
>> -                PRIVATE(data)->has_selection = FALSE;
>>

> this looks suspicious to me ? how to do end the selection ? the only
> time you do it is when a second button down :-/

The selection is cancelled if the hits Enter to copy the data to the
clipboard (or after the later patch hit any other key to cancel). The
current behaviour is strange as why to select a rectangle with a mouse
if it will be unselected on WM_LBUTTONUP? Currectly the user would need
to keep the mouse button down and press Enter to copy the data and have
any use of the mouse selection.

Mikolaj Zalewski