WineD3D State management - going live(TM)

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Fri Oct 20 03:09:40 CDT 2006

Am Freitag 20 Oktober 2006 02:24 schrieben Sie:
> > More?
>
> What are your plans for dealing with these:
> =========================
> SetLight()
> SetLightEnable()
Depens on wether lights are shared with share lists. If yes, leave them as
they are, otherwise put them on the list

> SetTexture()
Manage them on the dirty list, bound textures interact with texture stage
states.

> SetDepthStencilBuffer()
> SetRenderTarget()
Tricky. They will need context managing. The idea is to just change a few
pointers in the setter functions and create the gl resources(fbos, pbuffers,
contexts), and in drawprim search for the needed context, activate it and use
that context's dirty states list

> SetSomethingElseThatsNotARenderState().
SetTransform, SetViewport come to my mind.
Put them onto the dirty state list too, they interact with the vertex type.
(Some matrices do, some not, we can deal with each matrix seperately)